Re: Screensaver still fails to work -- follow-up

Benjamin Sher wrote:

Dear friends:

May I ask if you could please look at my latest screenshot:

http://www.websher.net/temp/screensaver1.jpg

I have unchecked the power management that was turning off my monitor and I have set the screensaver time to 1 minute in order to test it. Well, I tested it several times. What happens is that the monitor remains on, that is, the green light next to the power button stays lit. But the screen turns dark, nonetheless. I wait a minute or two but still screensaver.

Any idea what could be causing this? How do I correct this?

Thanks so much.

Benjamin

Run the topline in a terminal and you should have the below rpms installed. My versions might differ from FC4, but the packages should all be installed. If they are not installed, instal them. The extras are on the install discs, disc 4. You can also get then using yum or up2date.

rpm -qa |grep xscreen
xscreensaver-gl-extras-4.21-4
xscreensaver-extras-4.21-4
xscreensaver-base-4.21-4

Additionally, kde has an additional choice for setup. This button lets you select the gl and extras screensavers. By default, all you get is the blank screensaver.

Jim

--
Anyone who stands out in the middle of a road looks like roadkill to me.
       -- Linus Torvalds