Re: Has anyone successfully updated FC3 with FC4?

Timothy Murphy wrote:

Thomas Taylor wrote:

You don't need to lose any settings when doing a fresh install.  If you
use separate partitions for /home and /root, then DON'T format them during
the install, all your settings will be preserved.

I understand why /home should be on a separate partition,
but why /root ?
(In my case /root is less than 2MB in size.)

Actually /root should never be a separate partition, because if you need to boot into level 1 root would have no home.

Scott