Dialup

Has anybody successfully configured a USRobotics PCI hardware (not Win) modem?

The USR Modem needs to be configured to ttyS4, but the dialup application configures it to ttyS0. After selecting and saving ttyS4, the dialup messages show that the modem is set at ttyS0.

I find it counterintuitive that Fedora wants to automatically configure the hardware modem to ttySo, as most hardware modems are USR, and they need to be configured to ttyS4

I am able to run Damm Small Linux from the CD player and RAM on the machine that Fedora Core is installed on, and to be able to get out on the web. It offers the selection of comm port, and authentification method.

It has been suggested that I use an external modem, but I read in one post that they need to be configured to ttyS4 also. back to square 1.