Re: Please add a yum gui to FC5 base

Tim Holmes wrote:

Hans Müller wrote:

Mike Chambers schrieb:

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 14:59 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

"kyum" is in extras already, too.

Is kyum what is being developed by Seth (if he is the one doing it) or
just a GUI front end to yum and we are waiting on something else?

Is there a GUI avalible witch don't need the whole KDE???
I think i will be better when using only Qt or GTK.

I've tried pup from development on FC4 and also on development itself.
It works on both the ongoing development version and FC4 final. It did
not require additional deps to install on FC4.

yumex-0.40-1.tla.1.FC4 is available ad works in both environments as of
my latest upgrade.
I got this version from the URL below:
http://linux.rasmil.dk/cms/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=1
I succeeded in installing additional programs from extras with this
version. This appears to be what you want.

kyum failed to work for me. I updated to the latest development via
pup,  so it might work fine on FC4, I don't know.

--
All great discoveries are made by mistake.
-- Young

[Tim Holmes] Good Morning folks:

On a similar vein here -- is there a yum gui that is available for FC3 -- YUMEX looks great, but the website says that it is only for fc4, and I am not ready to take my production boxes there yet.

TIM

Not sure what you are looking at, but I've been using yumex on FC3 for a month or so.