Screensaver fails to launch

Dear friends:

I have, I believe, configured my screensave properly in KDE, but after the 60 minute period, the screensaver does NOT come on. Instead, the monitor turns dark and the green light turns yellow, making it seem that the monitor and the computer are off. When I hit a key or click on the mouse, the monitor returns to life. May I ask how to fix this and make the screensaver work. Here is a screenshot:

http://www.websher.net/temp/screensaver1.jpg

Thank you.

Benjamin