Re: [FC4]Samba doesn't accessible to Windows

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 14:50 -0400, fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Subject: Re: [FC4]Samba doesn't accessible to Windows
> To: korgull@xxxxxxx, For users of Fedora Core releases
>         <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Marcel Janssen wrote:
>
> >On Sunday 26 June 2005 12:50, Leon Pu wrote:
> >

> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>my samba share cannot be accessed by Windows computers in my
> network.
> >>It always return "N-3 is not accessible. The network name cannot be
> >>found."
> >>
> >>But I can access these Windows shares in Konqueror by
> smb://IP_ADDRESS.
> >>
> >>At the end of the mail is my smb.conf, please have a look.
> >>

> >Actually I have a simlar problem. When I start samba at boot, it will
> not
> >work.
> >When I start samba (sometimes needed multiple time before it really
> starts)
> >using swat it works.
> >Beats the hell out of me why it behaves like this but it is
> repeatable.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Marcel
> >

> Hello All,
>
> I had the same samba problem with FC4, along with a problem getting
> active my ppp0 internet DSL interface at boot, this two services was
> refusing to start at boot. This two services was working OK before my
> update from FC3
>
> I think that it was having something to do with SE, because to
> solution
> this I had to turn off SE, reboot, then turn on SE & reboot again,
> this
> (I think) relabeled the entire file system & after this; no more
> problems with the smb & ppp0 services getting working ok.
>

> best regards
>
> Teo Fonrouge

Can you give complete details with this solution? I haven't tried this
but it seems logical. I've been racking my head with this same problem,
But I'm still in FC3. I can smb over into Windows all day, but have no
authority to smb from windows to Linux. How did do you turn-on, turn-off
SE-Linux? Have you submitted this work around to anyone?

Jay Scherrer