Re: ldap auth with nss_ldap on FC4

Uno Engborg wrote:
Gordon Messmer wrote:

You normally don't need it, so I'd suggest that you use the included config tools to set up a working client configuration, and then decide whether or not you have a need for that option.

If you do that, the passwd command will not work, at least not for root.

I did that, and I can change any user's password as root, including the root user.

If I do "passwd uengborg" as root I get:

Enter login(LDAP) password:
New UNIX password:
Retype Unix password:
LDAP password information update failed: Can't contact LDAP server

passwd: Permission denied

[root@herald ~]# passwd gordon Changing password for user gordon. Enter login(LDAP) password: New UNIX password: Retype new UNIX password: LDAP password information changed for gordon passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.