Re: nfs startup at boot fails

On Saturday 25 June 2005 22:17, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My nfs refuses to start up correctly at boot time. Even after I'm already
> logged in and restart it (service nfs restart) it only works after
> restarting it a few times.
> It's not a big issue for me because it works well after restarting a few
> times, but I wonder what's wrong with it as this certainly isn't normal
> behaviour.
>
> Anyone else suffer from this on FC4 ?

In fact also samba behaves like this. It seems FC4 and network shares is not
very reliable at startup (it seldom starts correctly) but after restarting
the service several times it works reliable.
I find this very strange as each time I restart it, it uses the same config
files. Why can't it start correctly immediately than ?
I wonder whether it's caused by something else on my machine.

Regards,
Marcel