Re: How can I change my sendmail.mc file to allow sending mail from localhost.localdomain

Am Sa, den 25.06.2005 schrieb Richard E Miles um 22:42:

> Thank you very much Alexander. I find setting up sendmail to work on my
> home computer difficult. I don't know why.

> Richard E Miles

But you succeeded? Else feel free to ask again.
I do not share you opinion about the difficulty. All masquerading
options are predefined in the sendmail.mc which Fedore ships. With just
very few documentation reading - and that is necessary for each MTA -
the task can be solved.
Email is maybe the most complex topic, as there are several things are
involved, starting with the MUA (mail user client; in your case mutt
which has a lot of switches), the MTA (mail transmission agent), DNS
(local DNS, remote DNS, hostname settings) and the partner side (i.e.
the ISP's smart host).

Alexander

Serendipity 23:30:36 up 6:22, 17 users, 0.27, 0.24, 0.19