Re: Using FC3: four outstanding problems and a search suggestion

"fergus" <fergus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> 2. On booting up smartd always fails. It's the only thing that does. I don't
> know how to make it work, and, as a less powerful solution but one that
> would likewise suppress this nagging announcement, I don't know what
> initialisation file to tweak so that no attempt is even made to use it.

I see this too.  In my case the problem was that smartd isn't, um,
smart enough to talk to my two sata disks.  Looking in
/var/log/messages showed the problem.  Might this be what you are
seeing too?

I'm going to leave smartd enabled here just because it is useful
functionality and I'd like to have it run as soon as a fix gets
distributed via up2date.

-wolfgang