Re: IPTables Help

Now, I am going to make it more complex. I forgot to mention that I need this to have three interfaces, maybe four later in time. According to the Shorewall site (and after a bit of thinking) a bridge may only have two interfaces.

What now?

Nathaniel Hall, GSEC
Intrusion Detection and Firewall Technician
Ozarks Technical Community College – Office of Computer Networking

halln@xxxxxxx
417-447-7535
GPG Public Key ID: 0xAC187312

Ryan wrote:
http://www.shorewall.net/bridge.html
or
http://www.fwbuilder.org/archives/cat_bridging_fw.html#000187

The shorewall instructions are particularly well written. Install shorewall, set up the firewall, then examine the iptables rules it creates.

Nathaniel Hall wrote:

I am wanting to create a Fedora IPTables firewall that does not masquerade. I have never been able to get this to work
correctly, so I am pretty sure I am missing something.

I want to be able to use this firewall to allow/deny traffic as I specify without changing the IP of the source.
Another firewall is between this firewall and the Internet, so NAT is performed at that firewall. I would, however,
like to be able to specify a range, or list, of IP addresses that do masquerade (due to licensing issues) to the IP of
the firewall.

Any help would be great.