Re: Connecting 2 computers to the internet

Dotan Cohen wrote:

Ety finally convinced me to connect her WInXP box to the internet. I
don't see the need of a router, so I will just diasy chain the two
computers and the modem.

I'd go with the router myself. I have been using Linux on-line since RHL 5.2 and still have not converted my wife to switch.
She has not been hacked into using a router as a buffer. Before using the router, it happened often.
The connection through a router does not seem noticably slower.

Just my preference.

Jim

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/275/jane_s_addiction.php
Jane's Addiction Song Lyrics

--

You want it in one line?  Does it have to fit in 80 columns?   :-)
            -- Larry Wall in <7349@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>