Re: Browsers for those IE-only sites

Thanks, I'll go do that. I saw mention of the KHTML engine, the opera
engine, and the gecko engine. I assume that there is an IE engine, as
well (the basis of IE)? Of course it would not be open source, but are
there people working on an open source equivelent? Like open office is
to MS office? It would have to be reverse-engineered I assume, but a
lot of other stuff has been reverse engineered already. If myself, not
a programmer, wanted to encourage the start of such a project, then
how would I go about doing that?

Dotan Cohen

I would urge you STRONGLY not to even think about going that route.

As people on this list here have mentioned, it is the web sites that are at fault, not the browsers. The non-IE engines are pretty much all W3C compliant, and really, that is more than enough.

We need to discourage web masters from using proprietary Bill Gates code in their web sites, otherwise we're saying it's OK for one man to rule what browser we use.

This sound right to you?

I didn't think so.

"Proper" web sites work with any browser as long as they stick to the accepted W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) guidelines, in fact a lot of them now show the W3C logo on the page to say they're compliant.

Regards,
Ed.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749