BIttorrent - slow down and grab memory?

I've updated a machine that previously had FC3 on it to FC4, with all
updates applied. I now have a problem with btdownloadgui.py where
the traffic level will, after a while, slow down, stop and then I see
that the machine's memory is fully utilised and the swap file is growing
steadily. I have to kill the process as the GUI has become unresponsive
and window repaints of everything else are glacial.

Anyone else see this sort of thing? Previously under FC3 BT was fine and
could download anything with no problem at all, so maybe some
combination of new python 2.4, beta version of bittorrent 4.1.x and the
gui front end is causing this effect?

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk