Re: Screensavers for FC4?

Bart Kalita wrote:

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 22:50 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

As a regular user. (not root) type cd to change to your home directory. Then type "rm .xscreensaver and if prompted type y. This will remove the settings per user file. The file will be recreated when you open up screensavers again.
Are you sure that you downloaded FC4 instead of FC4T3? I had this failure when I tested out FC4T3 on clean installs.

One note: If you are running FC4T3, you might want to get FC4 discs. If this is FC4, update your system to the latest packages, then remove the .xscreensaver file from your home directory.

Jim

--
Never put off till run-time what you can do at compile-time.
		-- D. Gries

It's a clean install of FC4 and I do not have .xscreensaver file in my
home directory.

after running command  "xscrensaver-gl-extras" screensaver starts in
random mode with screen locking enabled, I didn't rebooted the machine
to see if it will stay like this, to be honest it's not to much trouble.

But I would like to be able to see a full selection of screensaver and
so be albe to choose the one I prefer.

__________

B.K

.xscreensaver is a hidden file. Did you use nautilus to look for the file? It would not be displayed if hidden files were not unhid.

Try this:
Open a terminal from Applications --> System Tools Terminal. A terminal should open.
In the terminal type the below at the prompt.
rm .xscreensaver
xscreensaver-demo

When the screen saver comes up, you should be at the default settings. Your previous settings will not be there. Set them to your liking and then close down the application. If there still is not all of the screensavers displayed, list the output of installed programs.

in the terminal, type the below and report back what the output to the terminal is.
rpm -qa | grep xscreensaver
I get the output below:
xscreensaver-gl-extras-4.21-4
xscreensaver-extras-4.21-4
xscreensaver-base-4.21-4

I'm just trying to be complete. I added the additional steps to be safe.

Jim

-- "I've finally learned what `upward compatible' means. It means we get to keep all our old mistakes." -- Dennie van Tassel