Re: Up2date Question

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:21:10 -0700
> From: Scott Talbot <talbotscott@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Up2date Question
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases
> <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> edwarner99@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >>Message: 2
> >>Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:14:46 +0200
> >>From: Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx>
> >>Subject: Re: Up2date Question
> >>To: For users of Fedora Core releases
> >><fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >>
> >>Am So, den 19.06.2005 schrieb edwarner99@xxxxxxxxx
> >>um 18:35:

> >>up2date

>http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/

> >>with

>http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/headers/header.info

> folder
> in
> >>>

> >>You missed to search for this issue in the list
> >>archive of the last few
> >>days.
> >>Use the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmnew file as
> >>the repository format
> >>changed and up2date has to reflect that. You old
> >>sources file has
> >>obsolete entries.
> >>
> >>Alexander
> >>

> >I changed all the rpmnew files over but still get
> the
> >same error.
> >It keeps looking for a "headers" folder.
> >Is this configured somewhere?
> >

> Ensure that your sources file contains the line:
>
> ### Repo Metadata
> # Note that setting this makes up2date look in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/ for
> # repository configuration.
> # type channel-label url
> repomd fedora http://fedora.redhat.com/
>
> and of course you'll need to ensure that your
> /etc/yum.repos.d contains
> the .repo files
> if it does not, you may need to download and install
> the
> fedora-release.rpm using:
>
> rpm -ivh --replacefiles --replacepkgs
> fedora-release.noarch.rpm
>
> HTH
>
> Scott

Just to be sure I understand. I commented out
everything in my /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file and
made sure that ### Repo Metadata
# Note that setting this makes up2date look in
/etc/yum.repos.d/ for
# repository configuration.
# type channel-label url
repomd fedora http://fedora.redhat.com/

is in /etc/yum.repos.d

This seems to work other than the Redhat icon never
turns to a red exclamation point. Is the the bug and
is it working properly?
Thanks,

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com