Kmail crashing on send, but only when opened with Kontact

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm using kde-redhat and if I open Kontact
and try to send a message from Kmail, Kontact crashes. If I simply open the
Kmail client, it sends just fine. I opened a bug report over at kde, but I'm
curious if this is a kde-redhat problem  or whether others have gotting this?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA