Re: OT: Fedora Core 4 can further relase as 4 release 1

On 6/19/05, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 01:49:58AM +0800, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> > Due to installation problem in Fedora Core, is it a chance  to make
> > the Fedora Core 4 to re-issue a newer version to release 2 or like
> > Fedora Core 4.1? So lots of people can install it ?
>
> What specific installation problem are you talking about
>

> > Because in past, I noted that when a new vserion release, we
> > encountered lots of installation problem and requested to release a
> > newer version in installation but igroned.
>
> That's not strictly true. RH developers have made install update images for
> previous FC releases before.
>

> > So, is it a time to perform this action ? Just like M$ to tell users
> > to replace the computer and installed the OS?
>
> Huh?

Problem is system software hang in traditional Chinese language after
the upgrade from Fedora Core 3. Strange that no problem is English.

Do u remember the installation problem in Fedora Core 3? (e.g. mouse
problem, upgrade problem in hard disk geom due to FC2 bug, failed to
power off, sound card problem...etc)

As I know that the sound card problem is still outstanding from Fedora
Core 2 and never fixed.

Also do the Fedora Core always need to fresh install ? It doesn't make
sense because it made problem on backing all thing up and perform the
installation. Do the upgrade progress really tested?

I don't agree as you said "RH developers have made install update images for
previous FC releases before".
I think as a developers, the software should be tested basically
before release to user even free of charge.

And if a problem caused user failed to install, developer should
modify the images then release a updated version like RH( RH 6.2, RH8,
RH9) even the RH is stopped in free of charge.