FC4

Hi All,

On Thursday, I installed Fedora Core 4. Although I know I don't have to, I install fresh every time a new Fedora release comes out - I have a thing about not having excess files on my system.

Anyway, I use KDE as my desktop manager and I also use a KDE program called Krecipes, which I usually get via svn. When I got the files I needed for the install and attempted to install the program, my configure failed. I got a message about gcc being banned. I know that Fedora Core uses gcc 4.0 and this has been patched to fix a bug. However, when compiling KDE apps, this version of gcc is not recognized. Is this a Fedora issue or one that should be addressed by the developers of gcc?

Regards,

Colleen