Re: Netgear WAG511 Card in FC4

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 06:40:21 -0600, Charles Curley <charlescurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 12:08:47AM -0400, R L wrote:

I don't even know where to start to configure my Netgear WAG511
wireless card on my laptop.   I thought to use ndiswrapper, but I
can't get the required windows files because I can only find it in
.exe format.  I google'd and saw someone use the Prism drivers;
however, I didn't see the WAG511 listed - only the WG511.  Anyone else
have this card that can provide assistance?

Many zip archives for Windows come with an executable wrapper that merely decompresses the archive. The unzip program for Linux recognises these archives and will handle them.

Try it like so:

unzip -t foo.exe

I'm having some trouble getting a Netgear WG511 card to even be recognized by card services. The card is fully functional under Windows so the problem isn't the card. The system is a HP Pavilion zv6015us running FC4 x86_64. I put the card in the slot and cardctl status/info/ident behave as if there isn't a card. yenta and the assorted PCMCIA modules are loaded so not sure what the problem is although this http://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/pcmcia/pcmcia.html doesn't give me too many warm fuzzies that it should "just work."

Dave