Re: [Player-users] Fedora Core 4 users - having problems with RealPlayer?

Awesome site, Greg :)

The ALSA stuff isn't actually enabled in the real.com build of RealPlayer 10, so the SoundDriver=2 probably doesn't have an effect.

I've just turned on ALSA support in the nightly builds, as it's something we want to have for hxplay 2.0, feel free to take tomorrow's nightlies for a spin if you're interested in this:

http://forms.helixcommunity.org/helix/builds/?category=realplay-current

Gregory Gulik wrote:

Although the RPM doesn't require it, the software won't run on FC4 without the compat-libstc++-33 package. See link below for details.

http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/fc4-tips.php#rplayer

Ryan Gammon wrote:

Hi all,

I've noticed a number of users in the helix community forums recently having trouble installing the player in Fedora Core 4.

The error is along the lines of:

# ./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin
./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5:

If you experience this error, it means you need to install the compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3 package, available from:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.fc4.i386.rpm

You can also try out a nightly build of the development version of the player from:

http://forms.helixcommunity.org/helix/builds/?category=realplay-current

It links against a newer version of libstdc++ which should be fc4-compatible out of the box.

--
Ryan Gammon
rgammon@xxxxxxxx