vFat need to be converted to dynamic disc in Windows?

I've removed one of the RAID1 vFat file and read it in Windows XP. I saw the
drive but no access and the only way was to do a "convert to dynamic drive"
and then assigning a logical drive.

Any idea if I put a linux vFat drive onto a windows machine need to do this
or should be readable directly? Not sure if RAID1 writes something on hard
drives to tell it that it's under RAID condition.