Re: Not very happy with FC4

Alexander Volovics wrote:
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:26:39AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 12:50:43PM +0200, Alexander Volovics wrote:

1) I cannot get any sound at all, although everything seems
correctly configured. This is a SB Audigy 2 ZS soundcard. This worked out of the box with FC3.

Try going through alsamixer and making sure nothing is muted that shouldn't
be.

I had just been going through all entries in the 'amixer' output
very carefully for the umpteenth time and I suddenly found that the entry
for 'Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack' was not "on" even though
I had chosen it in the graphical volume control app.
I changed this and now sound works OK.

ROFL! I had a similar problem in FC3 when using a Boston Acoustics speaker pair and subwoofer set with a Sound Blaster Live EMU-10K1 card. When, at the very end of the ALSA mixer, I saw the SB Live Digital/Analog Output Jack checkbox, I knew I finally had a solution allowing me to use my digital stereo system instead of a plain-vanilla set of analog powered speakers.

The only remaining annoyance is that I have to reset this /every single time/ I boot up--though not when I log out of one account and log into another without shutting down in between.

Temlakos