Re: Problem with php and apache

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 13:06 +0200, Rock BASSOLE wrote:
Hello group,

I recently installed Fedora core 4 and I have some trouble to start my apache web server.

Whenever I start apache, I get the following error:

Syntax error on line 148 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server: /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

I have check the syntax in the httpd.conf file but it is exactly the same syntax use when I was running under Fedora core 3.

Does anybody have an idea?

Any information is welcome.

Rock.

Hello Rock.

For what i've read, you have installed apache from sources, and then compilled php.
have you compilled apache with --enable-so ?? its is required for php5 to compile and install well.
go to your sources directory (where have you untar the sources of php and apache) and recompile apache and then php, but dont forget to make clean (and make uninstall, if there is such choice) before.
i run into the same problem with fc3 and that was the only way i figured out to solve it.

by the way, FC4 cames with apache2 and php5. why compilling from source ?

cheers,

"Computers are like air conditioners - they stop working properly when you open Windows"

feiticeir0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.feiticeir0.no-ip.org

Say no to Software Patents
www.nosoftwarepatents.com/