Re: cd wont eject

Mohamed Ameur wrote:

Hi all,

I use FC3.

I usually have this problem with KDE, and very rare on Gnome, the DR drive won’t eject , I try to umount it and I get the message that the device is busy, even to be ROOT , so I always have to reboot.

Many thanks

Ameur Mohamed

First find the file that is open:
/usr/sbin/lsof | grep /media
(assuming your CD is mounted as /media/Something. replace with actual mountpoint

if this finds nothing, try

umount -l /media/cdrom (or whatever is appropriate for you)
note this is - l as in lazy not #1

HTH
Scott