Re: SELinux update broke OpenOffice.org

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 14:45 -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> When attempting to open OpenOffice.org (I'm using the 1.9.104 beta) from the
> command line, I get the following error:
>
> /opt/openoffice.org1.9.104/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared
> libraries: /opt/openoffice.org1.9.104/program/libicudata.so.26: cannot
> restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
>
> This is brand new behavior, and appeared after installing the newest selinux
> policy package (selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 1.17.30-3.2) via Yum.
>
> Is there any way I can repair this break?

I'm seeing the same behavior (and error message for that matter).  I
don't know how to get around it, though.  Does anyone know how to
correct this?  I just switched from SuSE over to FC3, but had the latest
OOo beta installed previously.  I now have some documents in the new
format that I am presently unable to access due to this error.  I hope
someone has an idea.

On a side note, does anyone know if disabling SELinux would fix this,
and if so, how would one go about doing that?
--
Preston Kutzner | Network Administrator