Re: rhn-applet again

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 08:08 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 23:17 -0400, Louis Garcia wrote:
> > > What do you mean? There are updates for FC4, even though it may be
> > > surprising. See:
> > >
> > > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/
> > >
> > > There is the plan to have just yum there in future and to drop up2date
> > > together with the applet, maybe with FC5 shipment. I think a visual
> > > "thingy" would then be helpful though.
> > >
> > > Alexander
> >
> > Let me rephrase. The applet showed the system up2date when their were
> > updates available. The applet should have been red with an exclamation.
>
> Is this an upgraded system or a freshly-installed one? If you've
> upgraded to FC4 then you probably want to
> copy /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmnew to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
>
> This will make up2date use the repos defined in /etc/yum.repos.d and
> should reduce the out-of-sync issues between yum and up2date
> significantly.
	Paul:

	Are you seeing a throbbing exclamation point for the applet?
I have a fresh new install of FC4, and the applet does not see the
available updates, but upon starting up2date by clicking on the applet I
get notification of the available packages.

The only uncommented lines in etc.../sources:

### Repo Metadata
# Note that setting this makes up2date look in /etc/yum.repos.d/ for
# repository configuration.
# type channel-label url
repomd fedora http://fedora.redhat.com/

i find that url is suspicious so I tried to point it to the repo no help
there, perhaps the repo that the applet looks at is coded elsewhere.

Scott