Distorted Sound

Hello. :)

I seem to have a small problem with FC4. It works just fine with my machine, but with one small glitch. My sounds are distorted very badly when running FC4. Sounds work fine under FC3.

My sound device is a SoundMAX cardenza mounted onto an Inel D845PEB2 motherboard. The way it appears in the hardware browser under FC3 is:

Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC '97 Audio Controller

Any ideas? I'm sort of new to the Linux world (got tired of Windows), but am comfortable with line commands, so anything to work around this would be good.