dri.freedesktop.org drivers for i915 fail to compile modules on FC4 any ideas

Hi I am trying to install FC4 on a Dell lattitude D610 which has an i915gm graphics adapter.
Following the suggestion on some forums I downloaded the latest i915 dri drivers from
freedesktop.org.  The modules fail to compile with several errors relating to too few
arguments being passed to various agp routines:  agp_enable, agp_aquire etc.
These were with the June 13th snapshot of the drivers btw.  I have the feeling I am missing
a fundamental step.  Anyone got any pointers on how to make this work?

rgds  Alastair