Re: OT: GPL Question

Andy Pieters writes:

So I am making a product, that was originally meant to be distributed as GPL. Now the buyer asks me to release it under a comercial license.

Here's the catch: One module of the product uses LGPL'ed code, and the icons used in the product are GPL as well.

Would it be possible for me to make a comercial license that says:

License for 'module X', and 'icons': GPL
License for the total product: not free.

Does anyone has experience with this or know where to turn to for these kind of questions?

If you own the copyright on the code you can choose whatever license you want for distributing the code.

If you are using code that's copyrighted by someone else, you will have to abide by the foreign code's distribution agreement.