Re: k3b giving higher speed media detected error message

Kam Leo wrote:
On 6/14/05, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

just tried with a 1-4x disc, and can burn @ 4x. Anyone got any idea why
it won't recognize the 4-12x disc.? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

An obvious question. What type of drive? Make and model please. There may be some underlying issues that are known.

--
Robin Laing

You missed some later threads. The OP thought he inserted 4x-12x CD-RW
when he actually inserted 12x media into his 4x drive.

That is possible, I must take some time away from this list and do some work from time to time. :)

His player may have a firm ware upgrade that may help in this case. But it does point out the issues with media. I never knew about the different types of media and some of the limitations.

This list can be educational.

--
Robin Laing