Re: KDE blacklist of Fedora Core's gcc 4

Hi

Hello, Rahul :)
I hate to bother you more than you can imagine, but can I assume that
the code that I need to remove is in the "configure" file that is in
the root of each KDE module? If it is, then how can I get changes that
I make to stick, since running "unsermake -f Makefile.cvs" will
overwrite the "configure" script.
Of course, I may be wrong about where this version check is located.
Please feel free to correct me if necessary. But I must also confess,
that I can't find exactly what I need to find. I've tried a few
things, with no success.

Well I havent had the oppurtunity to try compiling a large beast like KDE from SVN myself but the cvs commits list

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=111451142117674&w=2 shows that the configuration file is "kde-common/admin/acinclude.m4.in". grep can be a handy tool here

I must interpret that to mean that as soon as they find out the Fedora
Core's gcc 4 is fixed, that they will remove the blacklist.

Try compiling it. If it does work successfully report specifically to bugs.kde.org that the Fedora version doesnt have this issue. Providing the following link is a good idea to help them pull out the necessary patches if its hasnt been pushed upstream yet

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/

regards
Rahul