Re: I cannot get back to KDE...

Antonio Olivares wrote:

Your session only lasted less than 10 seconds. If you
have not logged out yourself, this could mean that
there is ome installation program or that you many be
out of diskspace.  Try logging in with one of the
failsafe sessions to see if you can fix this problem.

Other than reinstalling everyting, is there a simpler
way to fix this problem.

This is my very first post here so I do hope that it is both useful and accurate. I have seen this happen and what I do to get around it is to log in as root, open a terminal, cd to my main user's space (.home/whatever) and delete the (hidden) file called .ICEauthority. Once that is done I seem to be able to login just fine. AFAIK this seem to happen when I burn a CD using KB3. It doesn't happen to me that often as whenever I am done burning CDs I just remove the file before logging out. You might also be able to chown the file back to the original owner with similar results although I have never done that.

--

Links: http://del.icio.us/furlan

Home:  http://thispaceavailable.uxb.net/index.html

The lottery is a tax on the mathematically and statistically illiterate.