Re: OT - Minicom Send files/Upload option problem

Andy Green wrote:

Mark Sargent wrote:
| Hi All,
|
| in the INSTALL file, it states to do the following,

The situation is simpler than that.

simpler is always best...

When you are compiling source that
wants to bind to other packages, you typically need the
packagename-devel RPM package installed.  In this case it is

yum install qt-devel kde-libs-devel

actually, I'm running gnome, so, went with yum install qt-devel, as suggested by Paul Howarth...

that you're looking for. That saves you from having to recompile everything commi wants to bind to privately.... better to stick with the RPMs where possible.

true, but, sometimes you learn more with doing the more complexed way..although, with this one, went with the RPM..guess I'm feeling lazy this week...

You'll also need gcc-c++, check you have it installed

rpm -q gcc-c++

if not

yum install gcc-c++

was installed..thanx..