Re: Scanner detected in root

Ferrero Horacio wrote:
I've in my computer installed a PCTV Board and a USB-HP Scanner both are
recognized by Fedora.

My problem is : If I want to have the initial choice of input devices,
giving me not only the video card choice but also my scanner too,  I've
to launch  "sudo xsane" because if I said only xsane I do not get my
scanner detected.

Could someone explain me why?

Thanks in advance

Horacio

Which version of Fedora? There was a change made that changes the scanners to the first (GUI) console user will be set to be owner of the usb file related to the scanner. If it is FC3, a bug might need to be filed with your hardware specific information.

Jim