XCDRoast problems

I'm having problems with the version of XCDRoast that is running on my FC3
box. I'm given to understand that with the latest kernel, only "root" can
burn CDs, but if you try and make XCDRoast SUID Root, then it complains about
being SUID root and bombs out...

Any idea when / if that little "gotcha" will be fixed? I suppose in the
meantime, I can run kdesu before loading XCDRoast to get the necessary
access...