Re: [Fedora] Re: Building redundancy

Oliver Leitner wrote:

first things that come into my mind when thinking on bringing that
system to a mailserver:

I already have backups on the MX and web servers, however those do me no good when the main users server goes down. THAT's the one I need to figure out how to build a redundant setup for. Users can't get to their accounts/files/e-mail if that main server goes down. I don't know if there's any way of building some kind of quiet failover system that would allow users to continue using their shell and get to their files and e-mail when one server goes down (and the other takes up the slack.) Somehow when the main server comes back up some things would have to switch back and all of that.

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx> . 303.442.6410 x130