Re: run process in startup

Ahmed Abdel-Aliem wrote:
hi
i have installed a program which i want it to start each time when the
system starts
i dunno how to do this can anyone help me and tell me what to edit ?
here is the command i use to run the program from the terminal
/usr/local/bin/noip2

Put the command you want to run in a script called:

/etc/rc.d/rc.local

The command should either run in the background or exit quickly, or you won't be able to log in. So if the command does not background itself, or exit after doing what it needs to do, put a "&" after the command to run it in the background.

Example:

# echo '/usr/local/bin/noip2 &' >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local
# chmod +x /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Paul.