Re: Force integrity check of filesystem at boot

On Sunday 29 May 2005 20:36, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> V V Raja Rao writes:
> >  When I boot my machine after a power down, I get the following
> > message...
> >
> > "Your system appears to have shut down uncleanly Press Y within 5 seconds
> > to force file system integrity check"
> >
> > How can I make this automatically say "yes" everytime?
>
> A better question would be:
>
> How would you prevent your system from shutting down uncleanly, every time?

How are you shutting down?
You should use shutdown, halt, reboot, poweroff commands or select shutdown
option from your GUI login manager.  These will start an orderly shutdown of
all processes sync the filesystems (write all unwritten buffers in RAM to
disk) and mark them clean before unmounting them.

--
Paul Almquist
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx