Re: Disable Redhat Network Alert

At 10:49 AM +0100 5/29/05, Paul Howarth wrote:
>On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 02:58 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>> Am So, den 29.05.2005 schrieb Yang Xiao um 2:38:
>>
>> > I have internal yum server setup for updates, so I want to disable the
>> > redhat network alert applet from trying to get to redhat.com for
>> > updates, how do I disable it?
>>
>> > Yang
>>
>> Just remove the applet from the notification bar (right mouse button
>> click) and then save your Gnome session before exiting.
>
>Or alternatively you could edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources and make
>up2date use the same internal repository that yum uses, so the two will
>be in sync with each other.

Could you give more detail?  I see that in my FC3 installation, sources
uses the standard yum (remote) repos.  Do you mean that he (and I) should
add a "dir" repo pointing to the yum repo cache?

Does having run "yum makecache" affect this?  For that matter, does
makecache have to be done more than once, or will yum keep it up-to-date as
yum is used?