Re: Feedback Requested

Richard Crawford wrote:

After the fiasco with my music server, I've decided I may as well rebuild it. The drive is 160 GB, and this is the partitioning scheme that I'm pondering for it:

/		20 GB
/home		10 GB
/var		5 GB
/tmp		5 GB
/opt		10 GB
/shared		110 GB

The /shared directory would contain music, pictures, and documents that our family creates to share with each other. I worry that 5 GB may not be enough for /var and /tmp, and I wonder if I really need a separate partition for /opt.

Any feedback and suggestions -- and I don't mean to start any arguments over the best partioning scheme -- would be greatly appreciated.

I havent followed the earlier discussions on this but using LVM is much better

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/whywouldiwantit.html

regards
Rahul