Re: expect script

M E Fieu wrote:
1)I want to know whethter expect need to be downloaded
and install? or it can be download from RHN network
using up2date?

Yep, if you're using Fedora Core you can install with

	yum install expect
or
	up2date -i expect

2)In the installation instruction, it incidate that it
need tcl and expect folder need to be the same folder
as tcl. I moved it to same folder which is
/usr/share/tcl8.3. But when I type ./configure It prompt me TCL not there. Why?

If you really want to build it yourself the easiest thing is just to build it from the src rpm, which requires installing tcl-devel.

how to check
whether tcl is there?

I see:

  $ rpm -q tcl
  tcl-8.4.9-3

if not, can it be downloaded from RHN ??

If you install expect with yum or up2date they will install tcl for you automatically if it .

Hope that helps,
Jens