Re: Minimum installation won't boot

On 5/24/05, Frank Chen <frankxchen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did a FC3 minimum installation (in the package
> selection page, selected minimum). The machine doesn't
> boot after installation. It asks for a system disk
> after power up. Do I need to make a bootable floppy
> disk? I have expected a bootloader of somekind.

My guess is you didn't install the bootloader during installation or
you installed it only on the partition and not on the master boot
record.
If you're comfortable on the console you can use the rescue feature on
the installation cd to fix and reinstall the bootloader configuration,
otherwise you're better off doing a fresh install.

Klaasjan