Re: grub problem - please help!

Around about 24/05/05 00:30, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx typed ...
Why exactly do you want the grub on the CD. Why don't you boot with a
rescue disk and  place the grub on hd0?

I /thought/ it'd be the simplest solution; will the rescue CD let me boot up using the HD grub info. then? I'll have to try that. I /have/ installed grub into (hd0,4), but heving been given that option, there's a dearth of info. on how to actually get back at it (without touching the MBR).

The windows install on (hd0,0) has been ... 'tinkered with', so that the standard NT bootloader doesn't run (i.e., I can't use the trick that lets me add Linux to that). That's the only method I've seen referenced that uses a non-MBR grub install.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature