Re: Problems in mysql start

> I have a problem with Mysql. I googled de problem, but at this moment I

don't find anything.
Whem I type /sbin/service mysqld start , with root, I
> have the message:
Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL
> Daemon.
Starting MySQL: [FAILED]
Wht's the problem?

Hey,

have u tried with the link I gave you ,it is clearly mentioned in that
problem the solution for the problem.In the /var/lib/mysql directory
there will be a script  mysql_install_db  run that script.

sh  mysql_install_db

If you did not find that script in /var/lib/mysql

check out /usr/share/doc/mysql-*/
the above directory might contain that script.

Again I am posting what is specifed at that site

Sometimes MySQL will fail to start because the host table in the
mysql database wasn't created during the installation, this can be
rectified by running the mysql_install_db command.

[root@bigboy tmp]# service mysqld start

Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.

Starting MySQL:  [FAILED]

[root@bigboy tmp]# tail /var/log/mysql.log

For more information read this link

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-adv/mysql.htm