Re: Scripting question, [small programming question

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 09:40:02PM +0800, John Summerfied wrote:
> Jeff Kinz wrote:
> >
> > This isn't a programming question.  Its a scripting question.
>
> scripts meet most IT definitions of "program."

Granted, there is a grey line between scripting and programming but
a simple regex match and substitution is distinctly at the scripting end
of a continuous spectrum.  Especially since its nothing more than a
editor command.  I couldn't possibly consider that a programming
question. Frankly its almost too simple to be a scripting question.

(However, none of the above should be construed as thinking that the
internals of regex functions are "simple" things :-) )