Re: Problems in mysql start

On 5/23/05, Daniel Silva <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
> I have a problem with Mysql. I googled de problem, but at this moment I
> don't find anything.
> Whem I type  /sbin/service mysqld start , with root, I have the message:
> Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.
> Starting MySQL:                                            [FAILED]
> Wht's the problem?
> Thanks and regards
> Daniel Silva

hey ,

Read this

Sometimes MySQL will fail to start because the host table in the
mysql database wasn't created during the installation, this can be
rectified by running the mysql_install_db command.

[root@bigboy tmp]# service mysqld start

Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.

Starting MySQL:  [FAILED]

[root@bigboy tmp]# tail /var/log/mysql.log

For more information read this link

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-adv/mysql.htm