Re: dual OS boot selection

Kai Zhang wrote:
Is there a way to select which OS to boot remotely?
MBR provides you an option at the very beginning when you power on your box.
But I will only have access to my PC via VNC or telnet,ssh soon.

_I_ could do it easily because I have several boxes at he same remote location.

I would need to
a. connect the two boxes by null-modem cab,.e
b. Configure grub to use a remote console. I don't recall whether the RH build supports it, but I have done it.

When I want to reboot, I'd start minicom on the other box so I could direct grub to do the Right Thing.

It _may_ be possible to attach a modem and phone line to the console and phone the computer at boot time.

Note grub can also network-boot:
root (nd0)
kernel ...
initrd ...