Re: Ubuntu & one CD Distributions

Hi

With CD's being so cheap, why not stick with the whole distribution on 4 CD's. I find that I really need packages from both the "core" and the extra packages no matter how I am setting up a machine. Saves a lot of time if I have the packages right here in front of me rather than having to search and download what I need.

Even when Fedora Core is at 4 CD's, you might have to download other stuff you prefer from extras. If you really want everything in CD's, you might volunteer to spin off Fedora Extras into ISO images. Whether Fedora Core itself would just a single CD or more hasnt been decided yet. That discussion will likely happen for Fedora Core 5.

regards
Rahul