Re: Fonts not defined

On Sunday 22 May 2005 23:46, Markku Kolkka wrote:
> Piero kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai, 22.
>
> toukokuuta 2005 22:51):
> > Hi everyone,
> > 	I ask you why with Gnome windows fonts are few defined like
> > Windows OS.
>
> Fonts are copyright property of their designers and many font
> names are registered trademarks. That's why most free fonts
> included in Linux distros have different names and look
> different than Windows fonts.

But if you have a Windows license you are allowed to install the TrueType
fonts from Microsoft. An old Win98 license is enough i think.

Just copy the .ttf files over to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF and restart X. I
hope it was right. I have done this last time, some years ago... ;-) I think
there are some font installers with GUI(GTK && || QT) around. Just search for
it at SourceForge.

Regards
--
Johannes Findeisen